Thursday, April 19, 2012

Waiting For The Rain

This is the first song I ever "wrote" that has stayed with me. I use the word "wrote" loosely because I don't feel like I write songs at all, but that God gives them to me as an answer to my prayers.  At the time that this song came about I was struggling with disappointment or discouragement of some kind.  I confess that three years later I don't remember the exact circumstances or situation, but I remember the song that came out of them.  I've had a dream of music since I was a little girl.  The dream dimmed as I got married and began having children.  I thought my dream had changed, but soon it was burning bright again as the kids were growing and I continued serving with the worship team.  I was learning, through volunteering and taking classes with Child Evangelism Fellowship, how to share my faith and lead people to Christ.  I wanted to be able to take the message of God's love and salvation to more people through music, and I seemed to be growing in ministry, but then something happened that caused me to doubt.  As I said, I don't remember the details of what it was, but the Lord encouraged me through this song.  This is my reminder that God made me to think the way I think, and dream the way I dream, and that if he gave me a dream, then I need to trust in Him to bring it to fruition in His time and for His glory.  I was inspired by a story I heard, which is in this movie clip from Facing The Giants, about a farmer that prepared his fields while he prayed and waited.  He was contrasted with a farmer who prayed but did nothing.  The question was raised as to which farmer had faith.  It encouraged me to continue doing what I could do while I wait for God to do what only He can do.  I decided to practice playing the guitar, and continue singing, and wait to see what God will do.  He gave me this song which motivated me to keep working and dreaming.  I don't know what His plan is, but I have to keep believing in it while I continue to prepare.   

1 comment:

  1. This is good for me to remember now, since I have recently been struggling with discouragement again.

    ReplyDelete

If you read something here that blesses you, please share it with your friends. Also, please don't be bashful about leaving comments or asking questions. :) ~Juanita (jmhuyett@verizon.net)