Monday, April 23, 2012

Shiver


 
I had just turned off the shower one day, and was getting ready for my day when the first verse of this song just came into my head and out of my mouth.  It probably took 15 minutes or so to get three verses and chorus together.  After I had it written down I asked Cody to drop what he was doing and help me get a rough recording so I wouldn't forget the melody.  I never did come up with chords for it.  It started out acapella, and when we recorded it again I simply formed one chord and tapped the pick guard on my guitar to create the droning sound in the background.  I would like to add harmonies to the chorus, but other than that I intend to keep this one simple.  I did change the wording at the end of the third verse after I had listened to the first draft several times, but other than that it is just the thoughts that were given to me in that short period of time on Saturday morning, January 21, 2012.


2 comments:

  1. I love this song! Thank you for sharing it - the day I first heard it...those were the words I needed to hear that day. God works in ways we cannot even start to imagine and thankfully He blesses us each and every day. Thank you again for sharing this song!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so good to hear that God used it. It really just poured right out that day. I know it was all Him. Thank you for this comment! It encourages me to keep sharing what God gives me. If it ministers to one person then it's worth it, and I am not likely to know who that person will be.

      Delete

If you read something here that blesses you, please share it with your friends. Also, please don't be bashful about leaving comments or asking questions. :) ~Juanita (jmhuyett@verizon.net)