Thursday, August 14, 2014

Celebrate Life!

On the morning of October 4 our family is planning to participate in the Celebrate Life 5K and 10 mile bike ride.  We won't all be doing both.  They start at the same time, so we will have to chose one or the other.  I, Juanita, plan to run the 5K, while the kids will likely want to ride their bikes.  Eric will probably run or walk depending on his physical condition.  His back often bothers him, so it will depend on how he is feeling in October. I may end up walking with Eric or we might both decide to ride with the kids depending on the circumstances.  We don't have to decide that quite yet, but we are all going to get out there and do this!  Each member of the family was given a choice of whether or not to participate, and they all said yes.  :)

Celebrate Life is an important fundraising event for the Pregnancy Resource Clinic in State College.  PRC's mission is  to educate, encourage, and empower men and women to make informed life choices. Their services include free and confidential pregnancy tests, ultrasound, STI testing/treatment, materials assistance, abortion recovery support, and more.  Our family wants to help by raising $1200 ($200 per person) in sponsorship for Celebrate Life.  

There are a couple of ways you can get involved!  If you would like to contribute to our fundraising goal you can do that at The Huyett Family's Fundraising Page, or if you are not comfortable giving online, you can mail a donation to Pregnancy Resource Clinic, 423 South Pugh Street, State College, PA 16801. The other way you can get involved is by signing up to walk, run or ride.  Participants have the option of paying a $25 registration fee if they prefer not to raise funds.  There are also volunteer opportunities available year round.  You can find information by following this link

We count it a privilege to be able to participate in this event for a worthy cause.  We appreciate each of our sponsors and fellow participants, and are blessed by their encouragement, sponsorship and support.  Sometimes people just need a helping hand and someone to guide them.  Your generosity to PRC provides that for people facing unplanned pregnancies and STIs. 

I leave you with this passage from Matthew 25: 34Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. 35For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, 36I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’ 37Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? 38And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? 39And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?’ 40And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you read something here that blesses you, please share it with your friends. Also, please don't be bashful about leaving comments or asking questions. :) ~Juanita (jmhuyett@verizon.net)