Saturday, February 20, 2010

My Son

My son is a boy who is fast becoming a man.
My son does not ask the question, but reaches out to see how I will respond.
I fail the test.
He wants to know, "Am I important? Will you stop what you are doing just to spend some time with me?"
I go on about my task thinking that there will be time for that later.
I have it backwards.
My task will be there later, but my son will have taken flight.
I will always have those "other things" to do.
Someday I will be reaching out; I may not ask the question but will look for a response.
I will want to know, "Am I important? Will you stop what you are doing just to spend some time with me?"
My son may fail the test;
Not because he lacks the skill or knowledge required to pass it, but because he is following my example...
My example...
My example...
What kind of example am I for my son?
My words mean little, my intentions nothing; if they are not lived out in my example.
My son, I will stop what I am doing.
I am grateful for your hand reaching out for me.
You are my teacher.
You are important.
You are My Son.
I love you!

dedicated to Cody
by: Mom


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you read something here that blesses you, please share it with your friends. Also, please don't be bashful about leaving comments or asking questions. :) ~Juanita (jmhuyett@verizon.net)