Friday, April 29, 2011

Traded Up

The day I trusted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior I traded up! I traded my unrighteousness for His righteousness. That means that all the nasty, mean, horrible, dishonest things I have ever done, said or thought have disappeared from my record. They were placed on Christ when he was crucified, and his perfect record was transferred to my account. 1 Peter 3:18 tells us "For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive in the Spirit" I traded the old for the new like The Bible says in 2 Corinthians 5:17 "Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." I also traded death for life. Ephesians 2:4-5 explains "But because of his great love for us, God, who is rich in mercy, made us alive with Christ even when we were dead in transgressions—it is by grace you have been saved."

I have had a yearning for the past couple of years to be in a Christian band that would take the hope of the gospel outside the walls of the church. I don't hardly know where to begin, but I trust the Lord will show me when it's time. He has inspired me with a few original songs, and today He gave me what could be the name of the band. I wait expectantly for Him to show me the next piece of the puzzle.

"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen." Ephesians 3:20-21

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you read something here that blesses you, please share it with your friends. Also, please don't be bashful about leaving comments or asking questions. :) ~Juanita (jmhuyett@verizon.net)